Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Mt. Aire, Millcreek Canyon, Wasatch-Cache National Forest, Utah- October 2023


With winter rapidly approaching, and the upper road in Millcreek Canyon closing on Novmeber 1st, I took the opportunity to hike one of my favorite steep trails, Mount Aire! I got a parking spot and headed on in. Its the tail end of fall, so most of the leaves have come off the trees. But if you looked around, there was still some color to enjoy. The bridge is out at the Lambs Canyon junction, so be aware of that. The wind was brisk as I made the steep climb up to the saddle.

Upon reaching the saddle, I took a few minutes to drink some water before finishing the climbg to the summit. There are four very long climbing swithcbacks to go up to get to the top. The views continue to get better with each on you complete. Finally I topped out at 8,613 feet USGS! The views from the top were glorious! I took some time to just rest and take in the views while I was up there. After a bit it was time to make the return trip back to the Jeep!

The hike down was wonderful! The temps were perfect and the wind let up and the clouds cleared! I really enjoyed myself on the way down to the trailhead. Enjoy the pics! Be sure to check out My YouTube edit! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment