Saturday, November 18, 2023

Rattlesnake Gulch To Pipeline Overlook, Millcreek Canyon, Wasatch National Forest, Utah- November 2023


Since winter has delayed its arrival, I have started to hunt down the trails I have not been on yet. I think the name Rattlesnake Gulch had me put off for trying it, but it was late enough in the year I felt I would not see one out with the temps we have had. I made my way to the trailhead and headed on up the trail. Still some fall colors and it starts to climb right out of the gate. Its only a m7 mile climb to the Pipeline Trail, but that is a really good workout. once I got up on the Pipeline Trail it was really smooth sailing.

The Pipeline Trail is a very long basin after basin traverse with some really steep drop offs you walk along. Be aware there are mountain bikes, and in spots there is not enough room for you and a bike heading out to the Pipeline Overlook. I eventually made it out to the overlook and sat down to take it all in.

After some really nice down time, and a cloud watching expereince, I made my way back towards the trailhead. I personally think the hike back on this trail is asa fun as the hike out. The views were spectacular and I really enjoyed my time. I took the BST trail down to make this a semi-loop. There were a few fall colors hanging on. The temps were unseasonably warm and it was a nice November day! A great hike and one I won't soon forget! Enjoy the pics! Make sure to check out the YouTube edit from this hike. As always, more adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment