Saturday, April 1, 2023

Splitboarding Grizzly Gulch, Wasatch Mountains- March 2023


Its endless winter here in Utah! Another 40" of snow to wrap up March! Little Cottonwood Canyon has now hit 800" for the season! And we are not done yet! After braving the road closure traffic, I arrived at a empty trailhead. I had to break trail to the first shot uphill. It was so deep and snowing the whole time. Once up on the Grizzly Road it was single tracked but still very deep! The climb in was really nice! Snow just nuking the whole time on the skin track. I love touring in a storm! Its like being on a whole different world! The snow quality was right side up and the depth was off the charts. Once I got up the track into Main Grizzly Gulch, I made my way up to my turn off. I was going to have to break trail to the top! It was snowing so hard at this point the last 200 yards were a full on blizzard and nearly white out conditions!

I eventually got to my spot and it was snowing so hard! I put on the dry layers and bundled up and kind of just hung out and enjoyed being in this snow storm! After a bit I switched to ride mode and dropped in. It was powder from the drop all the way to the Jeep! Some areas were bottomless and it truly felt like flying! This continues to be the winter that doesn't quit! If its gonna keep snowing, I am gonna keep going! Stoke level at 11! Enjoy the pics and make sure you check out my YouTube video from this day to get the full immersive expereince! Please like & subscribe! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment