Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Spring Reconnaissance Hike, Wasatch Foothills- April 2023


Every year there comes a time to take a look at how the dirt has been doing. I packed the micro spikes and headed up to the local trail to scout our conditions after this record breaking winter! The first 1/4 mile was dirt trail. Then I had to put the spikes on for the rest of the time. The snow was punchy and slushy in spots. But pretty consitent most of the time while hiking.

As I went above the lake the snow depth became deeper and harder to manage because it was soft. I was occasionally post holing as I went which in micro spikes kind of sucks worse than regular post holing. I was able to make a loop up there and made my way back out the way I came in. It was gonna take a lot of heat to melt this place out. Enjoy the pics and check out my YouTube video from this day! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment