Thursday, March 30, 2023

Splitboarding South Willow, Big Cottonwood Canyon- March 2023


The Wasatch has broken the all time record for recorded snow pack! Most locations have had over 700 inches of snow this year. I made my way up Big Cottonwood Canyon to get out for the first time in a few weeks. The snow banks just to get up and click in are five to six feet tall on the side of the road. I made my way into the Willows. The Old Stage Road is a nine foot trench on either side. I got to the top of the first climb, then decided to traverse on a old skin track barley visible in the new snow. I walked this breaking the track for about a half mile. I found a spot I wanted to ride and climbed up and topped out. I switched over and made the drop. The first part was money. The second half was whisping in the Willows on the way down to the main trail. It was a fun ride out making turns! It has been an incredible year and there is more on the way! Check out my YouTube video from this trip and more adventure to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment