Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Spring Hike & Fish, Wasatch Mountains, April 2023


What a difference a week makes! With a warm up in temperatures, I decided to hit the west facing trail this time. I wasn't out for the adventure I was after the week previous. I was just up ofr some walking and some fishing. The last time I went fishing was Mid-October. The trail was clear of snow and the temps were perfect. Winter has surely done a little damage to this trail, but not washing it out all the way. I arrived at the lake and started fishing.

It was very slow at first. No surface activity, and I figured with the winter we had, per usual I wasn't gonna land anything first day out. But as the day tured to evening, the fish got really active. I got 5 nice ones including this lunker on dry flies! What a great day to just be in the zone, casting away, not a care in the world. Eventually I was all fished out, and it was time to go. The glow from the evening sun was glorious as I made my way back to the trailhead. Enjoy the pics and make sure you check out my YouTube channel for a video from this day. More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment