Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Hiking The Living Room, Wasatch Foothills- April 2023


The high terrain is going to be a while. With the mix of warmer temperatures and these spring rain storms, more terrain has opened up in the Salt Lake Foothills. I have not done a solo to the Living Room in a few years. So I figured since we are confined to the terrain we have, I'd make the best of it. The hike started out very nice and perfect temperatures. I was surprised in the first gulch that the ice was gone. Pretty much dirt trail all the way to the first saddle. The views opened up and I took it all in.

The rest of the climb was pleasant as more of the view came into view. There was a pile of snow at the Red Butte junction, and it looked like the snow was still hanging out in the trees. As I made my way to the Living Room on the final switchback, the Sun Dog that was front and center was amazing! I reall was able to get this on video! Check out the video below! I topped out and there was only a couple of people up here. They left shortly after I found a seat and put my feet up. I took it all in for a while. Its been a bit where I have just took it easy at the top. The hike out had diffused light and was about as perfect as you get. Spotted a Deer on the hillside on the way down feeding on the new gamble oak buds. A great day and it was really nice to back hiking in the mountains! Enjoy the pics and check out the video below! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment