Monday, October 24, 2022

October Bells, Wasatch Front- October 2022


October arrived and it was still warm, so I decided to head up Bells Canyon. It has a new trailhead which I like a lot because there is now always parking when you go. I started up the trail taking in the sights as I made my way up to the canyon.

I arrived at the lake and it was its usual busy with people hanging out around the outlet. I got some photos from my crows nest and the dam, then moved to my fishing spot.

There was quite a bit of activity so I tosseed a line and soon enough had a massive 18" 2lb Bonneville Cutthroat on the line! One of the hardest fish to land all year! These guys are native so make sure you catch and release.

After fishing for a bit, I made my way up to finish the rest of the loop. Fall was starting to give subtle hints along the way. The colors of some of the leaves and the sage blooms were quite the sight to see!

I went to my spot above the bridge and had to clean up some trash that people had left. No worries I got it done! Never ceases to amaze me how someone can carry in a full water bottle but is unable to carry out an empty one.

The hike out was perfect in temperature and lighting! The sun sets low now so you know winter is just around the corner! Enjoy the pics! Also, check out my YouTube video from this hike! Please like, share, and subscribe! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment