Monday, October 24, 2022

Clyde Lake Loop, Uinta Mountains- October 2022


Winter decided to postpone its arrival in the Uintas by one more week so you know I was going backpacking! I made my way back to the Uintas and put on the pack and headed in. The trail was mostly empty, just a few hikers, but it was really quiet out there. I took the Clyde Lake Loop, and made my way past Cliff, Petit, Watson, and Clyde Lakes before finding my spot and settling in camp.

After getting camp built, I put together the fly rod and went fishing. There was a lot of activity on the water, but the fishing for me was really slow. I did manage to deep hook my finger on a snag on a cast. But I did get two out of the West Twin and one nice Tiger Trout out of the East Twin. Best fish of the trip. I made my way back to camp in the evening to settle in for the night. I got my night layers on and enjoyed the evening!

The sunset came and gave up the pink clouds I was hoping for! I got my fire going and settled into camp. It was a beautiful night, crystal clear for the most part. I was able to get my D810 out for some astrophotography both stills and timelapse! Fall brings the opportunity for a long night which give you ample time to shoot not only single shots but timelapse as well. This night was no exception! I even got to attempt some astrophotography on my iPhone 13 Pro and I got a couple of shots which surpised me! After a great fire and some really good fun with the camera it was time to turn in.

Morning came and I stayed in my sleeping bag till the sun was all the way up. Overnight temps were 28 degrees and everything was frosty at sunrise. It warmed up quickly and soon I was out having coffee and breakfast while packing up my camp. Soon I was saying goodbye for the final time this season to my camp in the Uintas and I hit the trail. I made my way on the second half of the Clyde Lake Loop enjoying the sights and I even stopped to fish Hope Lake on the way out. This was the last Uintas backpacking trip of the season! Its been a damn good year out here! I am grateful for the season I had out here. I am going to miss it! Enjoy the pics! Check out my YouTube video from this adventure below. Till next year Uintas! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment