Monday, October 24, 2022

October Backpacking, Lakes Country Trail, Uinta Mountains- October 2022


October 2022 has been a warm one. Upper 70's in the valleys and no storms. Its been nearly a decade that I have seen it this dry in Utah. So if winter is going to hold off, you know I am going to go backpacking! I made my way out to the Uintas. As I was gearing up at the Trailhead, I ran into my friend Jay, who is Green Wooded Outdoors on YouTube! Since we were both heading in solo, we decided to hit the trail together since we had never actually backpacked together before. We hit the Lakes Country Trail and made our way in. We made the pass pretty quickly then headed down to Long Lake.

We made our way into the spot and quickly got camp set and had lunch. I then rigged up the Tenkara rod and went fishing. I landed some small panfryers right off the bat. Then I got a big one on the line, but alas he got off! I fished till dusk as the light continued to cast colors and eventually sent me to my tent for the evening layers. The sunset was awesome and I had a great night by the fire!
Morning came and I slept in because I was up late shooting a star trail. Jay went to bed earlier than I did so he was up and packed when I crawled out of the tent. We said our goodbyes and I got up and made breakfast and coffee, then went fishing. I got one more for the road, then put on the pack and headed out. It was a gorgeous day, warm, and just some fluffy clouds in the sky! Another great trip! Hoping to get one more before winter comes calling! Enjoy the pics! Check out my YouTube video from this trip! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment