Monday, November 27, 2023

Wagner Spring Trail, Wasatach Foothills, Utah- November 2023


We are in teh thick of November and winter has still not shown up. So I am goig to keep hiking! I saw this trailhead the last time I was in Research Park and did a little bit of my own research and found this trail in my investigation of the area. This trail is very near Mt Wire and is access to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. It looked like a nice hike to a unnamed summit at the terminus of the trail. I made my way into town and hit the trailhead.

This trail climbs right out of the starts and has several branches that can take you to the same destination. I was following a gpx track that was shared with me. It made its way through the lasst of the fall colors on the gamble oaks. It comes to a left turn and a pond/spring which I assume is the name sake of this trail. Upon further inspection I found it had a swing! I plopped down on it and gave it a swing for a minute!
The rest of the trail climbs steep up to a saddle that looks up Emigration Canyon. A false summit, and then the final push to the top! THe views up here were fantastic! I took some time and enjoyed the mild November temps and the views were really nice! Eventually I headed back down to finish off this really fun hike! Enjoy the pics and make sure you watch the YouTube edit I have posted below! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment