Monday, November 8, 2021

Avenue Twin Peaks, Wasatch Foothills- October 2021

We had a warm stretch of weather which was perfect for some hiking so we took my son and headed up the Avenue Twin Peaks trail here in the Wasatch. The weather was very nice, and almost too warm for a late October day. We hit the trail and the first few steeps were challenging for my son. But I am proud of him for not quitting. We took a few stops on the way up which I don't think anyone minded.
We made our way to the ridge and my son had enough. I decided to go for the summit and my wife was kind enough to stay with our son so I could make a run for the top. The ridge section was a lot steeper than I remember, but a good workout. One small ridge and I was on the North Twin.
I did not stay on the North Twin for long as my family was waiting. I quickly made my way to the South Twin and shot some photos. The views of the city and the Wasatch were spectacular. I then packed it up and made my way down to my family. It was a beautiful day up there, perfect temps, a perfect fall day!
Our hike out was short but sweet with my son playing in the grasses all the way to the car! A perfect day in the Wasatch! These are numbered as winter will soon be here. I will stay on the dirt path until we are snowed in. More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment