Sunday, November 14, 2021

Ensign Peak, Wasatch Foothills- November 2021

I had a wonderful lunch with family on this Sunday, and I was close to this trailhead so I thought why not? The trailhead was packed but I got lucky and got a spot right when I pulled up. This is a nature park as well as a hiking trail so it was cool to finally get to experience this! I made my way up the trail with a realy cold wind blowing as I climbed. The trail turns south as it climbs and a monument to the valley is there for the viewing.
As I climbed the saddle the wind really picked up! I pulled up my hood and made haste for the top! There is an Obelisk on top with a Peculiar "Kolob" brick on the back, and a memorial to the Pioneers who sstood at this spot two days after their arrival to map out the Salt Lake Valley.
The hike down was short but sweet and a lot less windy than the top! It was nice to be back out hiking again. I am not sure how long winter is going to hold off, but I'll keep getting after these till it shows up! Enjoy the pics and check out my YouTube edit and be sure to like and subscribe! More Adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment