Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Fall Hiking & Fly Fishing In The Wasatch- October 2021

When you get warm temps in October it is time to do some hiking, see some fall colors, and get out side and enjoy the sun while we have it. Since last weekend was my last trip for the backpacking season, I wanted to get out and stay active as winter approaches. The hike in was beautiful and a lot less busy than I expected for such a popular trail. I arrived at the lake and headed up to the Crows Nest to see how the fishing action was and to shoot some photos. Gorgeous day indeed!
After soaking in the views and the overhead view of the colors I made my way down to where I wanted to fish. About seven minutes in I had a monster on my line! Fishing remained hot and I landed several good sized Cutthroats! Sunny skies, good hike in, and fall hogs on the line! This day was awesome!
After a good few hours fishing I put on the pack and headed up to finish my loop in the drainage. The colors were amazing! The creek was really soothing to listen to. I did not see another person till I rounded back out to the lake. Fall colors were everywhere! A feast for the eyes!
A really incredible day hiking here in the Wasatch! So much fun to be had! Fall is a beautiful time of the year here! We had winter show up this week in the mountains here in Utah. A early Ocotober storm had come in on the range. So any hiking above 8,000 feet will now be a winter adventure. These days like I had are numbered. Winter is knocking on the door. I hope to get a few more in before we are snowbound. Enjoy the pics! Check out my YouTube Vlog below for a live action version of events! Please Like and Subscribe! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment