Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Spirit & Solitude In The Uintas- June 2021

The heat is on! With a drastic increase in temperatures the Uintas experienced a huge melt off in two weeks time, so it was time to see how things were out there. I was joined by Dustin and his friend McKell. We made a early departure from the trailhead. The ground in the shadows was muddy as we made our way up the trail. As we passed the lakes the sights were wonderful and it was quiet out there. We eventually crested out on the top of the divide and the views really opened up.
We made our way across the divide enjoying the flowers, the peace and quiet, and some really wonderful reflections of Mt Watson in the Divides. We eventually made our way down to our camp for the night.
We eventually made it to our home for the night. After getting camp built, we put together the fishing gear and got after it. McKell struck first on the spinner rod and landed several huge brookies. Me and Dustin fished our asses off and just not a thing on the fly rods. I don't think I have ever dug so deep into the fly box to only be skunked. Evening set in and we made dinner. Dustin and McKell turned in early and I stayed up to shoot the Milky Way. Then I turned in for some good sleep.
Morning came and I made coffee and breakfast then tried my hand at some more fishing. Dustin and McKell got up and eventually made their way down after coffee and breakfast to try some fishing. I think all three of us by 10:30 AM were over it. We made the decision to move to another lake. We made a quick pack and then moved through the off trail up to the divide. Then we traveresed the Divide to our home for the second night. We arrived at another lake with no people which was awesome. I have stayed here previously but this was Dustin and McKell's first time here. We all set up camp and heaaded straight for the lake to fish. I had one on with my third cast. We fished for hours. I made my way up to the porch for lunch, then back down to fish for the evening.
Evening set in and we were treated to an amazing sunset that seemed to linger forever! Night settled in and Dusitn and McKell turned in early and I stayed up to shoot some astrophotography. I shot my very first Milky Way Pano in the Uintas. I was also able to get a star trail and still get to bed by 12:30 AM! I turned in and fell into a deep sleep.
I awoke at 6:30 and got into my coffee. The morning light was awesome to see and I enjoyed myself for sure. Dustin and McKell rose and they had their coffee as well. We decided to do the rest of the loop that connected our travels in to have a different experience on the way out. Lots of really awesome things to see and the temps were about perfect. Another great adventure in the Uintas. Summer is here and its time to get after it. Make sure you watch the YouTube edit from my channel and subcribe and like! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment