Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Redemption In The High Uintas Wilderness- June 2021

I had another two day weekend at my disposal and I figured it was time to head into the High Uintas Wilderness. I made a early morning departure for the Highline Trail. I arrived to several spots available and I put the Jeep in park and got ready. On the pack went and down the trail I made my way. I was at the Wilderness Boundary in about 25 minutes. There were a horde of people on the way out that I passed on my way in. I hit the burn scar from the Murdock Fire in 2018 and continued on in this now green section with burnt trees marking the area. I pushed on and finally made it to my turn off after about 3 miles.
Down to the next lake, then a short but steep push over the divide which drops you at the next lake. Then after a 1/4 mile I found myself at camp! I love this place! It has a great view and is such an epic place to spend some time. I got camp set up and then decided fishing was in order. It started out slow and I honestly thought I was going to have repeat luck from the previous weekend and then I put on an ant and it was showtime! I landed a few and missed a whole bunch more! It was nice to be catching fish again!
After hours on the water fly fishing I decided to head back to camp and shoot a time lapse from the porch and settle in for the evening. The clouds were amazing to watch! Evening set in and started playing with the clouds. The colors were amazing! I statyed out with my camera till the very last light, then I put on the night gear and started teh wait for dark to shoot the stars!
Night fell and with it came the chilly air. We are still in frie restrictions so I just put out my camera for some photography as I sat in my chair and enjoyed the stars! After about 2 hours I went to bed. About 1 AM I was awoken by Coyotes howling near my camp. I listened to them for a bit then went back to sleep.
Morning came and I got up, made breakfast, had coffee, and then packed it up. I was on trail by 8:30 AM and made my way reverse the route I came. It was a nice walk and I did not see another human till Scudder Lake. 9 miles in two days, great camp, fishing was so much fun, and the night sky did not dissapoint! Enjoy the pics and time lapses. Full video up on my YouTube Channel. Remember to like and subscribe! More adventures to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment