Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Grizzly Gulch, Little Cottonwood Canyon- March 2021

A classic sleeper powder day in the Wasatch was on tap and you know I was going to get after it. I made my way up Little Cottonwood after the powder panic subsided on the road and made my way up to the end of the road. It was snow and I put on the boots and headed up. It was snowing the whole time and it was just magical! There is nothing like touring in a full on snowstorm! It is something I love!

After reaching the top of the Grizzly Trak, the line I wanted had no tracks in it and it was very deep! I actually missed breaking trail and really enjoyed the work it takes in trenchtown. Finally pulled up to the spot I was shooting for and put on some dry layers. I kind of hung out for a bit just taking it all in as the snow continued to fall. Then I put on the pack and dropped in. The snow was so good, right side up and really surfy! I punched it on the Grizzly Trak on the way down which was nice because its been a while since I did some high speed cruisers. The drop back into the basin held some untracked turns and some freshies on the way out to finish off the day! Best day of the year IMHO!!!! Enjoy the video, more adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment