Tuesday, March 23, 2021

First Dayhike- Bells Canyon- March 2021

Well, we went from winter to instant spring. I figured it was time to dust off the boots and get out on the dirt path. I headed up the steep rocky west trail which was mostly snow free, some icy spots in the shade but very manageable. I love this hike! It is a good one for the heart rate and the new switchbacks they put in last year are amazing! As I continued to climb the views got better.

After about a mile I was standing at the lake. The ice was about half off of it and I could see rises. I put my fly rod together and decided to give fishing a try. I had one that I missed, and a bunch of rises next to my fly. Alas, nothing landed. Still fun to be tossing a line. The sun started to set to the west and I decided to pack it up and head out. The hike out was nice evening light and cool temperatures. Made me miss backpacking! A great day and a start of things to come! Enjoy the video! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment