Sunday, April 11, 2021

Friday In The Grizz! Grizzly Gulch, Little Cottonwood Canyon- March 2021

We got another storm that put down about 12" so I decided I had a Friday free for once I would get out again on the skins. I made my way up Little Cottonwood Canyon and found a spot to park. I put on the boots and the pack and started the climb. The new snow was very nice, though a bit creamier than the previous outting up here. I made the climb in pea soup visibility where even the surface was white out because there was no light. It finally started to break when I got to the meadow. A quick climb up the Grizzly Road and then left up to my spot. I did not have to break trail too much as someone had already put in a main track in this area.

I got to my spot and made the switchover and hung out for a minute. Patsy Marley had come into view and daydreaming across the way at all the potential drop zones was something I could have done all day. eventually I put on my jacket and pack and dropped in. Not as deep as last time, and there were placed you were hitting the old refrozen snow, there was just enough from the new snow to avoid disaster. I got some really fun turns and it is always a treat to be snowboarding! Great day in the mountains! Heat wave coming our way. Hoping for one or two more days out. Its been a rough winter, so if this was it it was a great day! Enjoy the pics and the video! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment