Sunday, July 30, 2017

Teal Lake, Uinta Mountains- 7.29/30.2017


I had the chance to break away from the busy week in Salt Lake with Outdoor Retailer in town, to squeeze in an over night trip to the Uintas. I woke early on Saturday and departed for the trail head. The walk in was pretty quick, passing the many lakes in this area. The wildflowers are at peak right now so the color was amazing to see. After some brisk paced hiking I found myself descending to Teal Lake. I found my friends fishing as I arrived and I set up shop for the evening to come. We then just got into full fly fishing mode landing multiple Cutthroat and Tiger Trout. I happened to get a very nice sized Tiger on a Caddis Fly that has never landed anything previously. We fished most of the day, hanging out, and just enjoying where we were. The weather could not have been better. Evening came in with about 10 rain drops. We got a fire going and settled in.




Darkness fell and I decided since all the clouds had cleared out that I would put the camera out for a star trail. We sat around the fire eating delicious fish and having some well earned beverages. After my time lapse finished, I walked out to the lake and set up for a Milky Way shot. It is heading west now, so I got it as good as you can see it this time of year. After a nice fire, fun with the camera, and catching up with my good friends, it was time to turn in.



Morning came with clear skies and no winds. I made coffee and ate breakfast and went and sat by the lake. The sun on the peaks was just amazing. After a great start to the day I did a quick pack and decided to head out. The hike out was just amazing with the light and the wildflowers did not disappoint! I even ran into a Marmot climbing my way out to the trail head. It was so much fun to be out in the mountains once more. Enjoy the pics, more adventures to come!








No comments:

Post a Comment