Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Twin Lakes, Big Cottonwood Canyon- 6.14.2016


I had some time for an afternoon/evening hike. I wanted to see how Twin Lakes was doing with the snow melt. I started in at Silver Lake, which is currently fuller then I have seen it in years. I made my way up the aspens to the Silver Lake Overlook. After taking some pics I pushed on up the steep section and eventually topped out at the lake. There was still some pretty deep snow on the south side, and it is really full this year. I took some time to take in the Wolverine Cirque and surrounding peaks. The hike out was pleasant and much cooler than recent hikes. It is nice to see the high terrain opening up from our late snow pack which until now, has been stubborn in melting off. Enjoy the pics, more adventures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment