Thursday, June 9, 2016

Dog Lake, Mill D North, Big Cottonwood Canyon- 6.9.16


I decided to head up Mill D North to see how green everything is and to get out for one of my favorite trails. Pushed a pretty good pace up to the stream, then moved up to the Dog Lake/Desolation Lake junction. I was pretty surprised at how fast I was able to make it up there. From there I pushed up to the lake. It is looking pretty low this year, hope it sticks around all summer. I hiked around the lake and headed up to the watershed sign to sit in the aspens and cool off. I spent quite a bit of time studying the lines on Reynolds Peak for next season. After a while, I decided to make the hike back to the car. It was a fun but fast descent with more flowers blooming while I was up at the lake. A blend of blue, white and yellow captured my eye all the way down. Great day to be in the mountains! Weather was perfect, snow is gone, and the forest is so green this year. I took full advantage for sure. Enjoy the pics, more adventures to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment