Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dog Lake, Mill D North, Big Cottonwood Canyon- 6.2.2105

Continuing to enjoy this early access to the upper Big Cottonwood areas, I took a hike up Mill D North to Dog Lake. The sun was out and it was very warm, but things were so green! The hike up was really nice, and not that busy on the trail at all. I made a quick pace up to the stream crossing, and then pushed to the Desolation junction. From there I made the final climb up to the lake. A couple of hikers when I go there, but they left and I had the place to myself for more than an hour. I finally had to head down and made it a quick exit to the care. Everything is pretty much ready but the upper cirques and peaks above 9500 ft. Pretty soon the last of the white stuff will be gone, and the dirt path will be open everywhere once more. The below image is a pano I shot up there today. More from the dirt path soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment