Saturday, December 17, 2022

Splitboarding The Willows, Big Cottonwood Canyon- December 2022


The Wasatch received 40-70" of snow in the last week. It has been an incredible storm cycle! I had the chance to get out for a day and I took it. I managed a pretty traffic free drive up the canyon and to my amazement there was even a parking spot. I quickly got the boots and beacon on, then loaded up the pack and headed in.

The walk in was glorious! Lake effect snow coming down hard. It felt like being in a snow globe. As I made it around the corner after the first climb, you could see how untouched it all was. As I climbed the steep set skin track up Hour Glass, I spied my line and broke off from the skin track to break trail knee deep for at least a 100 yards! I topped out and made the switchover. Deepest turns I have had in three years! Such a nice ride home. So nice to be back in the mountains! Enjoy the pics and my YouTube edit below! Please like and subscribe! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment