Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Albion Basin Tour, Little Cottonwood Canyon- November 2022


This has been a different start to winter this year than last. Last year I was still hiking peaks in the Wasatch Foothills and we had virtually no snow. This year November has December-January like coverage out there. I had a day to head up so I hit the slopes. The walk in was fun. It was new snow! Right before topping out I fell on the skin track. Its been a few years since I have done this! It was a wind blown spot that was ice but looked like powder. I’m fine, ego bruised more than anything. The subsequent two people after me did the same thing! I warned them! Views were beautiful up there today. A lot of wind transport out there going on. Trees creating mini blizzards as they unloaded their snow. Decent foot of settled powder that is sitting on a melt freeze crust that was bottomless facets below that crust. When we get a huge dump this is gonna up the danger. Ride home was pretty good. Wind blown powder with some chunder at the very bottom. Alta has scraped the bottom of the summer road almost to the dirt so watch out for the many rocks I saw on the way in today. #freebasegrinds Overall not bad for a mile up and some turns home. This winter has started out much better. I now have as many days on the slope this season as I got all last year. More snow on the way! ⛄️🤞🏂

Enjoy the pics and make sure you check out the video below on my YouTube channel! Please like and subscribe! More Adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment