Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Bald Mountain Trail, Uinta Mountains- June 2022


If Mondays freeze fest wasn't enough, with clear skies overnight in the forecast I headed back into the Uintas for more fun with the stars! I arrived to a pretty empty trailhead on Saturday and threw on the pack and headed in. It was beautiful, much warmer than earlier in the week. The hike in was perfect and minus one or two people I passed on the way in, it was relatively quiet on trail. After 2.5 miles I was standing lake side of my home for the night.

After getting camp set, I went out to try my luck at fishing. I had a jump right next to my fly but alas, nothing to show for my first shot for the day at fishing. It was lunch time so I set up a time lapse and just sat against a tree and took it all in. It was so relaxing. My friends were supposed to be coming in, but not sure when they would arrive so I went back to camp to get my fire wood situation situated and to get ready for the evening. Shortly after that they showed up and we all put it together to go fishing after they got their shelters up.

We all spent some time fishing. Brandon landed some brookies on the other side, and I was able to get a Grayling on a first cast with a Royal Wolf! That really set the mood for a great evening which was about to be more spectacular than any of us expected. The sunset turned out to be one of the greatest to witness in a few years out there! We spent a lot of time shooitng pictures and runnning video of such an amazing sight! Its one sunset I will not soon forget!

Night fell and we got the fire going and we all made dinner. Devin was tired and turned in early and Brandon was short to follow him. I stayed up and got the Milky Way, and a Star Trail as the night skies were being good to me! Eventually it was time to turn in.

Morning came and with it clear skies and warm temps. The bugs were a bit less which was a nice break from having them swarm everywhere the day before. I made coffee, breakfast, then packed it up for the climb back up to the Jeep. It was a nice hike out and so quiet for how close this is to a very busy area. A great trip with good friends! Enjoy the images, and make sure you check out my YouTube video from this trip! Please Like and Subscribe! More Adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment