Friday, March 8, 2019

Spring has sprung! Solitude Mountain Resort- March 2019


I don't usually ride the resort, but when I do, I ride at Solitude Mountain Resort. I won a pass from Liftopia, and I picked Thursday to be the day to use it. The forecast was calling for more snow, so I figured why not take a day and let the lift chair do the work for once. It was snowing really hard when I showed up, and the lot was empty.


I put on the boots and made my way to the Eagle lift to get some first tracks. Once the opening bell sounded it was game on. The snow was perfect, ultralight Utah powder that we all love. This video is from my first run of the day! So much fun going at high speeds and slashing up the new powder.


Solitude First Tracks 3.7.19 from CPPhoto on Vimeo.


I picked around all the lifts on the frontside of the mountain waiting for Honeycomb to open. I found some really good snow as I rode off trail on all the lifts finding some good lines on the mountain. I made my way up the Summit lift for a run, stopping at the rope that signifies area closed above Honeycomb, and the patrol walked up and opened the gates! I got first drop into Honeycomb! The ride out to the Honeycomb Return was nothing short of amazing as the snow was so good back there. I went out the gates on the Eagle ridge getting even more powder turns as the day progressed.


Honeycomb Rope Drop And Some Pockets Of Fun At Solitude 3.7.2019 from CPPhoto on Vimeo.


I eventually reached my limit. I did over 14,000 feet of vert for the day! This may have been my last day at a resort for the season. I'll be back on the skin track this weekend. When I arrived home, my crocuses had bloomed in the garden. Spring has sprung in the Wasatch! We are getting closer to the days where the snow dances will turn to dirt dances! Its been a great season and we have more on the way! Enjoy the videos and pics! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment