Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Promise Land, Big Cottonwood Canyon- December 2018


I decided to start my holiday out with a walk on the splitboard and getting some powder turns. I took a walk up the Promise Land in Big Cottonwood Canyon on Christmas Eve. There was about 3-4" of fresh that an overnight storm put down. I made the quick walk up the road and up into the Promise Land. I was breaking trail most of the way up. It was nice to be walking in the trees and the snow was really nice! I eventually topped out and made the switch over. The snow pack was a very stable and all tests showed I was in a good spot. I made the drop and had fun making turns in the glades and the trees on the way out. It was a great day in the mountains and so much fun to be out again on the splitboard. Its been a good start to the season! Happy Holidays everyone!


Christmas Eve in the Promise Land from CPPhoto on Vimeo.



Promise Land Tour 12.24.2018 from CPPhoto on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment