Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christian Paul Photography 2018 Retrospective


Another year of adventures comes to a close. 2018 was amazing in so many ways. The Wasatch started the year with one of the lowest snow total winters on record. With that, and having a shoulder injury December through early February, my days on the splitboard were far fewer than I would have liked. But the bright spot of a low snow winter is that hiking and backpacking began much earlier this year! I had some amazing days on trail, nights by the fire, red hot fly fishing, and adventures with friends old and new. From the first weekend in June to the last weekend in September, I made the Uintas my home away from home. I visited new areas I had not previously been, and returned to the usual haunts that I just cannot get enough of. 2018 was a year of growth for me. I did the longest solo backpacking trip in the Uintas that I have ever done, which was to Ryder Lake. 19.7 miles round trip. Really taught me a lot about myself. Redeemed Hell Hole Lake which turned me around in 2017. Not this time, and it was a wonderful trip. Allsop Lake was finally knocked off the bucket list in August. I even got a trip to the Oregon Coast for my Birthday. Fall came and went rather quickly then winter returned. It's been a much better start this season than last, and the snow has been good every time I have gone out. I am grateful for all the time I have been able to, with good health and positive mind, spend in the mountains which I love so much! I even got a trip to the Oregon Coast for my Birthday. Grab a snack or your favorite beverage and enjoy the video below! Thank for stopping by to those of you who have visited my blog this year! Happy Trails for the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment