Sunday, June 29, 2014

Red Pine Lake, Little Cottonwood Canyon- June 2014

The snow has finally melted, and things are ready to go! I made my way up Little Cottonwood Canyon to head up to one of my favorite places, Red Pine Lake. Things are so green this year. I made a swift jaunt up to the Red Pine/White Pine split, then headed up to Red Pine Lake. I actually was making really good time, a far faster pace than I usually make. I was to the Maybird split in just over an hour and some change. The flowers are out and the skies were crystal clear. I took a quick break at the bridge to Maybird, then I headed up to the lake. The last climb had a few piles of snow, but nothing you could not manage to walk around of walk through. After a short bit, I found myself standing lake side at Red Pine. I headed to the inlet, and saw no fish activity. I tried my best for a couple of hours of fly fishing to get any action out there, but only had one bite that was more of a bump than a bite. But no matter, the scenery was sweet and I set up shop for a bit on the north side of the lake and just took it all in. After a while, it was time to head down. I made a quick pace down, and before I knew it I was standing at my car. It was a great day up there, and the Wasatch is ready to go! Enjoy the pics, more walkabout adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment