Saturday, April 20, 2013

April Delivers- 4.20.2013

As the majority of the resorts are closed or in their last week of operations, the Bird is still going strong. Looks like winter was saving some of the best for last this season. April has been incredible with how much snow we have received. I got to hit the mountain Friday, and for one epic powder day on Saturday. Friday the snow was still in great condition, with some wind transport, and some smooth lines, riding was so much fun. A cold and fast storm came in Friday night, dumping some 10% water content goods up Little Cottonwood Canyon. I made an early jaunt up to Snowbird, and caught first Tram up. It was Regulator only, but I still found some very nice snow on the way back to the frontside. Since Peruvian Gulch and Mineral Basin were delayed, I lapped it up in Gad Valley since this will be the last time we ride Gadzoom this season. After a couple of laps on Zoom, I headed over to Wilbere for some really fun fluffy laps. Then I got some inside info that Peruvian was about 20 minutes from opening, so off to the Tram I raced. I did not have to wait long, and as soon as I reached the peak, they pulled the rope to P-Gulch. From top to bottom was great snow and just incredible! Some of the deepest snow of the day. I decided that a Gad Chutes was in order, and what a great choice it was! Face shots and smooth snow were the reward for taking a chance. I headed back to the Tram to continue my assault on Peruvian Gulch. As we docked at the top, Mineral Basin opened. I headed straight for Chamonix, and enjoyed the untracked creaminess all the way to the lift. It was so good, I went three times for the same line, and it was just as good as the first. After a few more, the crowd got the hint that Mineral was open, so I headed back to Peruvian Gulch to take advantage of the low traffic and easy on Trams. Black Jack opened, and it was good! It was epic day on all accounts, and a nice way to wind down April with some powder. Enjoy the video I put together from my day today, and pray old man winter might have one or two more of these for us before we are done.

April Delivers- 4.20.2013 from Christian Paul on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment