Sunday, November 11, 2012

First Turns 12/13- Brighton pre-season- November 11th, 2012

Well in a matter of three days, winter arrived in full force here in Utah. With snow totals between 30 and 40 inches, it was time to get out and get some turns in. I made my way up to Brighton with my friends, and we got our gear together. I was a little behind, because I had some issues with my skins. Once I had all of that in order, I strapped in and headed up. It was bitter cold, and the snow was almost sticky because of the arctic air creeping into the canyon. As I climbed, I got a very nice cardio workout, and was really enjoying being out on the snow once again. I hit a very steep section, and my skins iced right up. I could not climb, as I would just slip backwards every attempt I made. I finally decided on a spot to break everything down, and drop in for a ride to the bottom. I had a very nice ride and even got some pow turns! Not exactly what I was shooting for as far as runs were concerned, but really fun to be floating in the fluffies after being off the snow for so long. It was really fun to be snowboarding again, and I have to admit, I have missed it a lot. Most of the resorts open this week, so this party is just getting started. Enjoy the short video from today, and there is more to come from this great start to winter that we just received!

First Turns of 12 13 from Christian Paul on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment