Monday, September 25, 2023

Marjorie Lake, Uinta Mountains- September 2023


I had the chance to get out for some great fall backpacking over the weekend. I made my way up to the Uintas and put it together at the trailhead. The hike in was nice and cool. Clear skies and just a overall amazing day to be on trail. I made my way up the pass in quick fashion and down the trail in the Lakes Country area of the Uintas. Everything was still quite green. All the plants were stacked with berries, and there were some late bloomers here and there to enjoy. I made it to the Long Lake Junction and headed toward Marjorie Lake.

I got to camp and set things up for the weekend. I put together the fishing gear and headed to a spot nearby to toss a line on the Tenkara rod. I fished for a while but only got a few rises and no strikes so I moved back up to my lake and gave it a shot. In about 15 mintues I has a Grayling on the line. I went up to camp to charge my phone and check on things.

I returned to the lake with my fly rod and had a blast fishing till sunset. The action off the top was red hot! I took some sunset shots then settled into camp for the night.

Darkness fell, and the stars were out early! I set up some night shots while I hung out and enjoyed my fire. Nights alone in the woods by the fire are healing and a form of meditation for me. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. After a good night and some amazing night photography I headed for the sleeping bag.

Morning came and it was chilly as fall mornings in the Uintas often are. I got up and made some coffee and sat on the backporch and watched the sun crest the mountain for the first rays of light for the day. I then packed it up and was on the trail. I stopped to fish a pond I saw on the way in and landed a nice brookie on the way out. Two perfect days of weather made this a great fall backpacking trip! Enjoy the pics! Make sure you check out my YouTube video linked below for a live action version of this trip! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment