Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Boulder Mountain, Dixie National Forest- June 2023


The time had come to head south to one of my favorite places Boulder Mountain. It is a yearly adventure to visit this place. After a three hour drive, I arrived at the trailhead, put on the boots and pack, and made my way up the trail. Its so green this year! The wind was blowing pretty steady and the temps were really cool for the end of June. As I made my way up the mountain, the dandelion superbloom was in full effect! It was so nice to see! Once I junctioned with the Great Western Trail it was a lot less windy in the trees. After some time on the trail, I made it to the spot I was shooting for. I set up camp and then headed out for some fishing! Right off the bat I got a huge Brookie on the line and boy was it worth all that driving and hiking! I fished for hours just enjoying where I was and realxing.

Evening set in and I got my camp situated. It was going to be a glorious night with crystal clear skies and bright stars. I had a nice fire and shot some great astrophotography! I stayed up much later than I usually do to get the images I wanted. But eventually I got tired and it was time to turn in.

It was cold overnight. I usually dont bundle up in my sleeping bag but I did on Friday night. I slept in a bit as I had some interrupted sleep from the cold. I awoke, made breakfast and coffee, and then packed it up to head to another lake for a hike and some fishing. The hike was so green, far more green than I have ever seen it. Arriving at the lake it too has a lot of water this year. I fished for a few hours but alas I did not catch anything. I made my way back to my camp and I was so tired from the night before I laid down for a nap. I awoke so refreshed and felt much better. I went up to another lake to try my hand at fishing. When I got there, it too had flooded its banks and it took some trick boulder hopping to get to a fishable spot. I gave it a shot but no luck. I made my way back to the first lake and fished till dusk. I then returned to camp and got things ready for my last night.

My last night was relaxing and had clear skies once more. I set out my camera for a star trail, and enjoyed my fire. I everntually turned in for some much needed sleep. Morning came and I made coffee and then packed it up. The hike out was beautiful and the dandelion superbloom was a feast for the eyes! Enjoy the pics and make sure you watch my YouTube video from this trip. More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment