Thursday, November 3, 2022

Jacks Peak, Wasatch Foothills- November 2022


After a fun Halloween weekend with the family, I started off November returning to a place I have not been for ten years. I decided since the last of the fall weather was going to end this week to climb Jacks Peak. I made my way to the trailhead, then put on the pack, and headed in on the trail. I was quiet with a slight breeze going. Overcast skies set the mood as I climbed the steep first section. Right off the bat you are treated with great views of the south end of the valley.

Once I topped out on the first ridge that leads to the communications tower, I then dropped to the saddle and then began the climb to Jacks Peak. This is a moderate hike and does have some steep terrain. I like steep trails so this was a treat to climb. You crest two false summits before finally making it to Jacks Peak.

Jacks Peak as I have previously written was named after a boy named Jack Edwards who died from Leukemia in 1995. Jacks Peak is a wonderful place to visit. If you do sign the log and take in the view!

The hike out was windy as a storm was blowing in. The sky cleared up to partly cloudy, but the winds were torrential. It was hard to keep my hat on as I made my way down the ridge to make a loop out of this hike. Great way to start of November! Enjoy the pics! Make sure you check out my YouTube video from this day below. More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment