Thursday, September 30, 2021

Cuberant Basin, Uinta Mountains- September 2021

Warm weekend to cap off September and you know I was going solo backpacking! I decided to hit Cuberant Basin since I had not been in there this year. After a quick hop up the highway, I made my way to the trailhead. I put on the pack and boots and headed in. They changed the Kamas turn off this year. It follows the Cuberant trail for .2 miles before it makes a turn north. I made great time up to the pass and up and over into the basin. The skies were clear, temperatures perfect, and I was just happy to be there!
I got the camp I wanted arrving at my spot for the weekend. I put shop together and then went fishing. It was fast action right off the bat and I landed one right after another for a couple of hours before heading back to camp to settle in for the evening.
Night came in and I got my fire going and had dinner. It was crystal clear so you know I was going to shoot some astrophotography. I got a really cool star trail and I got a nice Milky Way shot from camp. I had a very nice night, peaceful, and went to bed fulfilled from a great first day!
Day 2 came with clear skies and cool temps. I got up and made coffee and did a little fishing. I got one then came back to camp to get ready for the day. I put together the day pack and headed to loop the basin for the day. I hit all my favorite spots, and did some fishing, and had some luck! I was solo and it was so quiet. It was a great day and just what I was up for!
I returned to camp, had a snack, then went out fishing and caught a beautiful brookie to cap off the trip! Night came and I got my fire going after dinner. Another clear night so I decided to shoot another star trail and enjoy myself by a nice warm fire! Such a amazing quiet night with no one around. The stars were so bright! It was truly a perfect night in camp! When my shots were done I turned in for some much needed sleep.
Sunday morning came and it was cold! I got up and made coffee as I packed up camp. Around 9 AM I hit the trail home. Most of the meadows were covered in frost and the light was really nice to shoot photography with. The fall colors were popping and were such a treat to see as I made my way back to the Jeep! An incredible weekend solo in the Uintas! I am hoping to get one more! Enjoy the pics! Check out my YouTube video from this trip! Please like and subscribe! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment