Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Castle Lake, Uinta Mountains- September 2021

I was hoping that I would get a Friday through Sunday trip but alas life throws curve balls at your sometimes. I decided to visit another place on the list. This is a short hike but 99% of it is off trail and takes some navigating to find your way. It passes one beautiful lake, then takes off into the woods to some rock ledges with big boulders on them. There is a rock carin about 1/2 way in so that helps you keep you going in the right direction. Staying left of the boulder field you make your way down to the first pond, then down to the lake.
This is a beautiful lake that was so quiet. I found a nice camp spot and set up shop for the night. I fished for a few hours but unfortunately nothing struck anything I threw at them. So I moved up back to camp and processed my fire wood for the night. It was evening and I went back down to the lake for some some fishing. Alas, I got nothing. And that is how it goes sometimes.
Night fell and it was crystal clear. I got my fire going and put dinner together. It was a nice night with a nearly full moon. Perfect for shooting a star trail. I put out my camera and sat by the fire. It was such a nice night I enjoyed every moment. Before going to bed I knew that a storm was coming in the next day so I pre packed my camp as my camera was finishing up. I was in bed just before midnight.
Morning came and with it came dark clouds, wind, and some really nice light! I could tell a storm was brewing so I packed it up and headed out. It was a nice nice hike, as the dark clouds came rolling in. Eventually I made it to the Jeep and just as I put the pack in the back the skies opened up! Timed that one perfectly! Enjoy the pics and check out my YouTube video! Make sure to subscribe and like! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment