Thursday, August 13, 2020

Cecret Lake, Albion Basin, Wasatch-Cache National Forest- August 2020


I finally was able for my birthday to get the family out to see the wildflowers in the Cottonwood Canyons. We made our way up to Cecret Lake Trail and found a place to park and headed on in. There was a little thunder on the Big Cottonwood side but we had clear skies in our area. As we made our way up the flowers got more brilliant and were on full display.




As we hit the middle basin section as you head for the switchbacks we had a Cow Moose encounter! This was my sons first Moose he had ever seen and he was speechless but amazed at what he saw. Somehow his show broke, causing my wife to not want him to go all the way to the lake. So the family took a seat at the rock outcropping and I ran up to the lake for a few shots. It was pretty up there, and they have done a lot of work around the edge of the lake. There was once a scrub willow that you had to cross through to get to the other side, but that has been cleared and flattened, and I am not sure how I feel about it. I took a couple of photos including the pano that is the title photo of this blog post.





I was not at the lake long, I then returned to my famliy and we went back down into the basin to see more wildflowers! Paintbrush, Lupines, Columbines, Monument Plant, Monks Hood, and Fireweed were all putting on a show in the evening light. We took some fun photos and we were enjoying the the cooler temps in this heat wave we have had. We fininshed of our small adventure and went home and made a fablulous dinner for my birthday! Beautiful Wednesday in the Wasatch seeing the splendor of summer! Enjoy the photos! More adventures to come!








No comments:

Post a Comment