Thursday, June 7, 2018

Willow Heights, Big Cottonwood Canyon- 6.6.18


Wasatch Wednesday strikes again! Its been scorching in the 90's the last few days and after a cool weekend in the Uintas, I needed some relief from the heat. I decided to take a walk up Willow Heights just to get out of the valley and get some fresh air and a short hike. The hike in was beautiful with an assortment of wildflowers beginning to do their thing. It was not long and I found myself standing lake side. I had the place all to myself! I pulled up a spot under some shady aspens and just let the silence soothe me. I was up there for a really long time as I did not want to go back home where it was going to be a furnace. After a while, I wanted to get up and walk around so I followed the trail up the ridge and then down around the other side of the lake. The temps were perfect, the scenery was awesome, and I could not have been more pleased! It was a pleasant evening hike out and the light breeze was just an added bonus. A great day in the Wasatch! Enjoy the pics! More adventures to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment