Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Willows Tour #4, Big Cottonwood Canyon- 1.11.2017


It just keeps dumping here in the Wasatch! Another storm cycle raged the range with large dumps and high winds. I headed up the Willows for some low angle action to keep it safe as the rating was high for steep slopes. The climb up the logging road was quick and really fun. I then made the turn off for my line to discover that it was untracked. Meaning I was going to have to set the skin track to get in there. Let me tell you if you think climbing on the skins is a lot of work, try breaking trail for a thousand feet up hill and let me know how you are doing. I made a good pace despite the work it took to break trail all the way to the ridge. The winds were howling and the snow was coming down hard! I finally arrived at my top out point. I made the switch over and packed it up and made the drop. This was a more dense variety of pow which is very supportable and surfy! I was literally floating on top of 15" of fresh in some parts. The ride out the exit was the best it has been all season. It was for sure high tide out there today! Enjoy the pic of it dumping as I am setting the skin track and the video of the ride home! More adventures to come!


Willows Tour 1.11.2017 from Christian Paul on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment