Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Scotts Backdoor Tour- Big Cottonwood Canyon- 12.30.2015

Its been a couple of weeks since I have been out on the splitboard. I had some friends Jason and Jeremy get in touch about getting out on the skins. Since things finally stabilized, I figured why not check out one of my favorite safe zones. Temperatures were in the single digits when we started up. But we all quickly warmed up because that is what you do when you are climbing. We made a quick jaunt up to the elbow, and the jeep track that goes up to Scotts Pass. We were breaking trail most of the way because there has been very little traffic in this area since our last storm. We got to the pass and headed up the final section to the top. We all made the switch over and I was first on slope. This was better than last year when I was up here. It was a nice ride to the car and I got some really nice powder up there. A great day out with friends getting some classic five star powder in the backcountry which Utah is famous for. Enjoy the video! Pray 4 Snow!


Scotts Backdoor Tour- 12.30.2015 from CPPhoto on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment