Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Catherine Pass, Little Cottonwood Canyon- August 2014

This is one hike I usually try to get in every summer. It is one of my all time favorites, and the memories from summits of Sunset Peak, to fishing Lake Catherine are legendary. This was a great weather day, and one of the best weather days we have had this cool and wet August we have had. The flowers on the way up were still holding up, so the meadows were still green and full of color. I made a furious pace and pushed straight through till I reached the pass. After a quick break and a few photos, I moved down to Lake Catherine. The fishing was pretty fun, not as fast as other years, but still a great time. I had the place all to myself, and I never complain about that. After hours of fishing, it was time to head out. I made my way back to the pass, and then made a quick decent to the car. This hike never lets me down, and as always, it is nice to be in the mountains again. More adventures to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment