Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Big Water/Little Water Loop, Millcreek Canyon, Utah- August 2013

I was taking a good look at the sky when I was heading into Millcreek Canyon on Friday. There were some dark clouds, and some really gusty winds. I decided to push on anyways. I got to the trail head, put on the pack and started the walk in. I made pretty good time up, only stopping for a few shots on the way. I wound my way up the switchbacks, hearing thunder crack off in the distance to the north, but the clouds seemed to be breaking up as I climbed my way up. I got to the junction and there was no one around. I did the last section up to the lake, and found myself with a rare treat- Dog Lake all to myself. I am guessing the thunderstorms were keeping most everyone away. I pulled up a seat and had a snack, and watched the swirling clouds roll on by. I finally decided it was time to hit the second leg of this journey, and that was to head down the Little Water Trail. This trail is shorter, but much steeper than the Big Water Trail. I like it because it is great for the quads to keep them fit for when snowboarding begins again. The views were awesome as I made my way down. The Monks Hood and Pink Indian Paintbrush were unreal! It was such a nice walk, a bit more flora than the Big Water Trail had. After a while of just wandering, I found myself back at the car. It was a nice way to spend a Friday, and nice to be hiking the Wasatch again. Enjoy the slideshow, more adventures to come!
djnebula's Big Water Little Water Loop - August 2013 album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment