Thursday, February 16, 2012

Powder Surprise- 2.12-13.2012- Snowbird, Utah

These were by far the two best days of the season! The quality of snow, the coverage, and the under reported depths kept the hordes away for sure. Sunday was no traffic and some of the deepest turns of the season. It snowed hard all day long, the kind of storm that just keeps refilling everything as the day progresses. Me and my friend Dave, who I rarely get to see, got to make turns on the best day of the year. Dave is a really good skier, so it was nice to have someone pushing you all day. We had so many good runs, you would reload the chair thinking it could not get any better, and sure enough, more epicness! I have not had a day like this since last season!!! Not thinking it could be any better Monday was almost a repeat performance, with the opening of Mineral, and RTP to the Knucklehead, and Tiger Tail to boot. The only thing that could make it better was it being Bluebird, which it was as close as you get. I am still soaked in the memory of those two days, and I am very happy for the redemption which came at the hands of a very late arriving Old Man Winter. I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did making these turns! Pow Pow for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment