Thursday, September 22, 2011

United- 2 Day Outdoor Event- Great Salt Lake- September 16th-18th, 2011

I was booked to shoot a wedding Friday night, so I was not able to make it out to this event till Saturday evening, which by all accounts Friday night was a miserable downpour and everyone was parking it in their tents. I got to the event and pitched my tent, cracked a cold one. Shortly after this the most awesome sunset appeared. This was a burn event on private property. I had a great set, people jiving and jacking, especially to my Salt Shaker track with a Jefferson Airplane and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas sample in it. I joined in the festivities and was taking photos until about 5 am. No bugs, starry skies with the moon out, and good times. This crew that hired me to play had just returned from Burning Man, and they could really throw fire. I had a blast taking pictures of this. It was a nice departure from the norm. Got up to a very warm desert, made breakfast, talked to the insomniacs and then headed home in the afternoon. All in all a great time, got paid to spin some slammin' progressive house, and play with my camera. I can think of worse things I am sure I could have been doing on a Saturday/Sunday. And I got to crash in my bag and tent too. Sweet! Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment