Sunday, July 23, 2023

Back In The High Uintas Wilderness, Utah- July 2023


It was time to get back in the High Uintas! Me and Jim who I did the Highline with decided to do a section of this trail down to one of my favorite lakes in this area! We departed the trailhead in the afternoon and the clouds were building. We made it pretty quick to the wilderness boundary and that is were it had been cleared of deadfalls to. After that it there were some big trees to naviagte including one big one I had to cross on the way in. After we reached the burn scar the trail opened up again and we made good time to the Junciton. Only a couple of trees to get around on the way in. After another mile or so we found ourselves standing in camp.

After getting set up we moved out to the lake to do some fishing. I kid you not first cast and I had a nice one on! We both fished for a while and I moved to the north end of the lake. It was fish on about every 2-5 minutes for nearly an hour. I stopped counting at 7 and I had at least 5 get off on the strip. Evening set in and I headed back to camp to set up for the night. We had crystal clear skies and a early moonset so I was able to get out and shoot the Milky Way! Just an all around great day one as I went to bed to finish off a fine day!

Day two we awoke to some pretty pesky mosquitoes so we made haste getting up, having breakfast, and then heading out to hike and fish a few lakes in the area. Our first stop was a bust so we made the hike over the ridge to the first lake we passed and I landed on second cast about a 12" brookie! We fished for a while getting a few more. Eventually it was time to head back to camp. Once back at camp we did some more fishing of our lake and I landed the biggest fish of the trip! Evening set in once again and it was time for more fun with the camera! After that it was time to turn in.

Day three brought more good weather, also a lot more mosquitoes. We quickly packed up camp and hit the trail to avoid the swarm. It was a nice hike out, perfect weather! The flowers on the way out were wonderful to see! Enjoy the pics and make sure you check out my YouTube video below from this trip! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment