Friday, May 26, 2023

Solo Backpacking, Wasatch Mountains- May 2023


Time hasa come! I decided to head to my secret spot here in the Wasatch for my annual solo trip. I put the pack in the car and made my way up to the mountains. After parking, I made my way up to the canyon. Its green this year. I stopped to do a little fishing, but alas not the same luck I had on last months visit. After wetting a line, I made my way up my secret trail and enjoyed how greek things are this year. The very first of the flowers were starting to bloom. The water roaring in the creek was the ambient noise while I made my way up the trail.

After enjoying some waterfalls and having a pleasant walk in the woods I arrived at my home for the night. I set up camp and then went down to the creek to just relax and watch the water. The noise from this years historic run off was deafening, and you could hear boulders roling in the creek with the volume of water moving down the mountain. It was kind of spooky but interesting at the same time. Dusk set in and I get camp settled and made dinner as the darkness set in. The stars came out, and the moon was a cresent and Jupiter was shinning bright in alignment with La Luna. After a great night in camp, I turned in for some much needed sleep.

Morning came and I got up, packed up camp, then made coffee. A beautiful day was on tap and perfect weather and temps to make the hike out to the road. I thouroughly enjoyed my time, the quiet and lack of people on the trail. Another great adventure while we wait for the main snowpack to melt out. Enjoy the pics! YouTube edit is linked below for your viewing pleasure! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment