Monday, October 29, 2018

Bells Canyon, Wasatch National Forest- October 2018


Fall is in full effect. The leaves have turned and are falling from the trees. The days grow shorter and the nights are getting colder. I have been really busy since my last outing in the Uintas for the year. Thats the price you pay to backpack so much in the summer. I was able to get out on a very warm weekend here in the Wasatch for a loop up my local trail here in Bells Canyon. It has been really warm and dry here this fall. I have not been up this canyon since late May. The fall colors were really nice up there. Still holding some patches of brilliant color. They have done a lot of trail work up there and it was relatively clean up there. They even put in a bridge by the lake so you do not have to cross the outlet. I did a 3.4 mile loop up to the second bridge and the wilderness boundary. The creek has no water in it and the lower reservoir is as low as I have seen it. I spent a little time at my favorite hideout up top just relaxing and enjoying this mild fall day. I love fall hiking! Great day to be in the mountains! Enjoy the pics! More adventures to come!











No comments:

Post a Comment