Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Grizzly Gulch, Little Cottonwood Canyon- 3.26.2018



We got another storm on Sunday, which was cold enough to bury the wet heavy snow we received last week. I took Monday off to get out on the splitboard. I decided I would head back up Grizzly Gulch as I had such a good day up there last time I went there. Grizzly is still holding its snow, so I figured it would be a good choice for the day. The walk in was great with much deeper snow than I expected. The skin track on the steeps was loose snow on crust so a bit slick in a few places. Once you left the Albion Basin and entered Grizzly Gulch, things just got better as you climbed. I was surprised at the depth as most reports were saying 4". It was boot deep in some areas. Eventually after wandering for a bit I made it to the main meadow. Patsy Marley was looking amazing, and had quite a few people on it. I was heading to the other side as it looked untouched. I peaked out at the top of my line and switched things over from touring mode to riding mode. I hung out for a bit watching the light play with the clouds over the the peaks. I made the drop and boy was that fun! I am glad I was able to get out for another day on the splitboard. Enjoy the pics and video. More adventures to come!


Grizzly Gulch 3.26.2018 from CPPhoto on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment