Sunday, October 16, 2016

Cecret Lake, Little Cottonwood Canyon- October 2016


I have not spent as much time as I normally do in the Wasatch this summer. I have been out in the Uintas most of the season. I have been missing going on a walk up the Cottonwoods. I decided I would get out before this storm on the way settled in. I arrived to a blustery Albion Basin, clouds and really strong wind gusts. I put on my pack and headed on in. All the flora has died off for the season. The ground is a yellow and red mix. A small bit of snow remains on most of the peaks. The hike in was pretty quick, though noticeably cold. Eventually I was standing at Cecret Lake, and the wind was really pulsing up here. The light was pretty cool and the clouds were fun to see. I took some shots and hung out at the lake for a bit. Eventually it was time to head down. The walk out was quick and the light was playing with the main canyon. I even stopped to shoot Superior and Greely on the way out. Not too many more like this before we will be playing in the snow. Great day in the mountains! More adventures to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment